(More recent updates in comments, too…)
Hi, and thank you again to everyone sending prayers, love, healing and support to my dad, me, and my entire family. There are an increasing number of moving parts and decisions, so timing and outcome are very difficult to predict. I spent much of yesterday in conversation, emails and texts with my mom, brother, sister and my neurologist uncle, as my dad’s situation keeps shifting hour by hour.
David and I are packing and have arranged for an immediate road trip if needed; however, the original timing still works best for everyone if things ease up. Much of that depends on my dad’s decisions, which we are all trying to honor, giving him as much dignity and agency as possible, while also still looking out for his short term health and overall quality of life. His health situation remains quite complex, with competing priorities resulting in highly different choices right now.
I am at peace with my father and on very good terms, as well as able to communicate telepathically, with repeatedly verified results, so David and I are just trying to ensure that the timing of our visit provides the most support and least disruption for everyone — including my sister, Erica, who is currently shouldering most of the local responsibility, while also being a mom to my two nephews, who are very close to their grandpa.
My brother is considering another trip to PA, but again, the on-the-ground logistics and my dad’s pending decisions largely determine what would be appropriate, supportive timing. My mom’s holding up pretty well and receives a lot of support and encouragement from her church, too. Speaking of church, my sister is reading my dad’s speech to all five of the services, beginning last night. He was unable to deliver his own stories of the power of prayer in his life, but he’s very grateful that my sister was willing and able to do so on his behalf. I’m sure there will not be a dry eye in all five services!
In any case, I appreciate the ongoing care, support and concern from everyone here and elsewhere. In terms of sessions this week, there are potential scenarios in which everything’s perfectly fine in PA, and David and I leave with the original timing, in which case, all scheduled sessions remain as is. With so many decisions, personalities and shifts, I need to have the flexibility to travel at a moment’s notice, and so it’s possible that I might need to make last minute changes. In that event, I promise to reschedule as soon as possible. I’m not not-scheduling future sessions (in other words, I am scheduling future sessions) because there are trajectories in which this week through six months are perfectly fine, and other trajectories in which this week, three weeks or two months from now become chaotic.
Until my dad’s situation stabilizes, I will just need to be a little more fluid than usual in terms of scheduling. Thank you for understanding, and again, thank you for your care and concern. This will likely be my last update regarding my dad until we have a much better sense of which path he decides to take.
Much love and gratitude, Laura